Total cycling days
97km (Hirchaid – Bamberg – Bergrheinfeld)
44km (Wurzburg – Frankfurt)
- Riding along the rivers and canals bicycle tracks, and arriving at our accommodation in a the middle of a medieval town.
- Coffee and cake breaks after even a few kms of cycling.
- Planning the next days route and activities with Robin and Geoff. Getting lost, blaming the maps and GPS.
- The German countryside in spring. So many flowers and fields of green.
- eBikes - cheating, especially when they overtake you.
- Getting lost. Fun for a while, frustrating at time and inevitable. Maps, GPS help to find the bike track, but missing one little sign can cost one hour. I preferred the quite country roads, if the bike tracks were hard to find.